Monday, March 23, 2009

hard working weekend...

i love to garden and work in the dirt. i have been waiting all winter for the snow to leave so i could start a garden. cody and i saw on the news last week that if you put $50 into making your own garden...in can turn into $1200 worth of veggies! so on saturday morning we woke up early and went to work. we dug up a section of the lawn to start a garden... it was some serious hard work! i was covered in dirt afterward! it felt good to do some hard work though! we got our zuchini, cucumbers, and tomatoes planted in a inside planter to get them sprouting. sadly, we have snow today though! but i can't wait to start planting in the garden! i will post some fruits of our labor a little later on in the summer...




Before & After...

5 comments:

alohareynolds said...

NICE!!! I can't wait for us to get a plce too so we can start gardening as well. Nate's step-dad is an AMAZING gardener so we are hoping he can teach us and mentor us LOL!

I can't wait to see the progress! Good luck with everything!

The Jennings said...

Oh that really does look fun!

It's funny what becomes fun to us now a days!! I am very excited to try myself.

Julie said...

nice work! that looks like so much fun! cant wait to see you this weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jessie! I am so jealous! Wes and I have a ton of yard work to get done at our little house in St. Anthony, and I have been wanting to get started. The other day I tried to go out and rake some leaves up, but it is still too wet here. But, yesterday after my run I noticed that our tulips are sprouting in front of our porch!!! Yay! Spring is coming...

Christina said...

I can't wait to have a yard so we can grow a garden. Way to go!