Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Traditions...


Tomorrow we go home for Thanksgiving and I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am. Due to the complications I had with Jentri I was not able to go anywhere. We have not been home since the last of July. We went up a couple of weeks ago for Cody to grab stuff from his parents house, but it was only for about an hour and it was dark. So it really felt like I didn't even go home. It is amazing how much the feeling and meaning of home means to you when you are gone for a little while.

This year we have Thanksgiving at my parents house. My mom and I have always planned what she was going to decorate the tree like since I was little. I remember in elementary school my favorite colors were teal and purple... so what would you know, I convinced my mom to buy all new teal and purple Christmas tree decorations. Now that is truly the symbol of a mother's love. The holidays at my parents have always meant so much to me! I have always loved helping my mom decorate around the house. It is so strange for both her and I to decorate for the holidays without eachother. So, this year she decided she wanted a new tree. Since I live right by Tai Pan she sent me there to get new decorations for her tree! I couldn't wait. I love that she trusts me. She told me how much to spend and told me to get what I thought would be good. Well, that I did! I bought beautiful red and brown decor for the tree. It really is beautiful. Then I had her pick up a few things. All week we have been on the phone planning out the tree. We are going to decorate it the day after Thanksgiving! Even though I truly love decorating, it is not that, that I am truly excited about; it is the opportunity to carry out a tradition with my mom that has always meant so much to me.

I am so excited to take Jentri home and spend time with the family. I always want her to know our families well and be comfortable with them. She has not even got to meet all of my brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews yet! I love FAMIlY. Whether it be the Beard's or the Woolstenhulme's; I love them both! I cannot wait to get a hug from my dad, kisses from all the nieces and nephews and just spend some quality time with the fam!

4 comments:

Sheen said...

Hooray for families!

What a nice mommy to decorate that tree for you! :) She is so much fun! I know I tell you a lot, but I just love your mom! When we're @ Adam's house, I always want to go to see your mom since she's right there.

Jentri is so stinkin' cute!

How are you feeling now?

Anonymous said...

what an awesome mom, I bet that was the best to have the tree in your favorite colors! have fun with all your family this weekend!

Christina said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Family is the greatest. I can't wait to see mine in 3 weeks for Christmas. I just can't believe Christmas is actually 3 weeks away!

Carie Beard said...

You do have the best family...expecially your sister (in-law)! We are always sooo excited when you are coming to see us.