Wednesday, January 6, 2010

from trash to treasure...

i am one lucky girl. last night my ward did a swap meet for enrichment. we all brought stuff we wanted to get rid of and then had a drawing for the things we wanted. i saw a great future in my home for some of the stuff...with the help of some black spray paint that is. it was a good opportunity to get rid of some old stuff and get some great "new" stuff. every ward should do this! it was a lot of fun. the greatest part is that all this stuff was FREE!



**shelf before**

**shelf after**


**table before**

**ta da** table after**

**love this**

**love this set of mixing bowls too**

7 comments:

Lauren Ricks said...

Jess, I LOVE LOVE that table! Good job. Did you cut that vinyl on your wall from a cricut? I just got one for Christmas and am still learning, but I mainly want to use it for vinyl in my house.

the Beard family said...

Sweet deal Jess!! Looks so cute!!! What a fun idea!

alicia.king said...

looks like you got some awesome things!

Nikki said...

wow, you did an amazing job on that table.. it looks awesome! I love the stuff I got too.

JaLesha said...

So YOU were the one who ended up with the coveted bowls! (Wait, can I say 'coveted' if it was a church thing? Hahaha. Just kiddin!) :o) Lol. The shelf and table look awesome! I think we should totally do that swap again!!!

Julie said...

hey jess i was just blog surfing for valentine ideas and came across this on one of my fav sites and thought that you might be interested you can get a free 8x10 picture printed on canvas, it looks sweet here is the site http://www.thecreativecrate.blogspot.com/ love ya

Anonymous said...

LOVIN' the table and shelf. You totally have a "knack". I think this swap thing is something we should revisit in the spring after spring cleaning takes place. Hmmm... okay I'm on it.